Former Principal Dancer, The Australia Ballet
Brisbane-born Daniel Gaudiello strapped on his first pair of dancing shoes at the age of six at the Johnny Young Talent School, then at Promenade Dance Academy. Later he completed the Queensland Dance School of Excellence and Queensland Ballet professional year before being accepted into The Australian Ballet School, where he participated as an exchange student with The National Ballet School of Canada and the School of American Ballet.
Daniel joined The Australian Ballet in 2004 and in early 2007 participated in classes with some of the world’s finest ballet companies in London, Amsterdam, Munich and Paris. Daniel made his choreographic debut with a piece called Notte in Bianco for ‘Bodytorque. To the Pointe’ in 2009 and was promoted to principal artist in 2010.
Daniel’s repertoire highlights include;
- Franz in Coppélia 2010,
- Basilio in Don Quixote 2010,
- Lescaut in Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon 2008,
- Christopher Wheeldon’s Continuum© 2004,
- Petrouchka in Petrouchka 2009.
Daniel’s guest appearances include;
- English National Ballet in Le Spectre de la rose,
- London and Barcelona 2009 Awards,
- Australian Dance Award nomination for Dyad 1929 2010,
- Green Room Award nomination for Petrouchka 2010,
- Helpmann Award nomination for Graeme Murphy’s The Silver Rose 2010
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award Winner 2007,
- Freda Irving Scholarship 2006,
- BJ Sutton Scholarship.
He won the Telstra Ballet Dancer Award for 2007 and was guest artist with the English National Ballet for performances ofLe Spectre de la rose in London and Barcelona, 2009.
Since leaving The Australian Ballet, Gaudiello has performed as guest artist with the Royal New Zealand Ballet, dancing Count Albrecht in Giselle in 2016 and Don José in Carmen in 2017.
- Des Grieux and Lescaut in Kenneth MacMillan‘s Manon, 2014 and 2008
- Petrouchka in Petrouchka, 2009
- Franz in Coppélia, 2010
- Basilio in Don Quixote, 2010
- Camille in Ronald Hynd‘s The Merry Widow, 2011
- Romeo and Mercutio in Graeme Murphy‘s Romeo and Juliet, 2011
- Red Knight in Ninette de Valois‘ Checkmate, 2011
- Lensky in John Cranko‘s Onegin, 2012
- Albrecht in Giselle, Queensland Ballet, 2013
- The Prince in Alexei Ratmansky‘s Cinderella, 2013
- Prince Désiré in David McAllister‘s Sleeping Beauty, 2015
- Tristan and Isolde for Bodytorque.Muses, 2011
- South of Eden for Bodytorque.a la Mode, 2010
- Australian Dance Awards, Outstanding Performance by a Male Dancer, 2011 for Franz in Coppelia
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award, 2007