What are the benefits of private tuition?
The amount of detail and technique that can be improved and focused on in a private lesson is much greater than that of a group class. The reason for this is due to group class having anywhere between 5-25 other students that also require assistance and guidance, thus the teacher’s time is split amongst each student.
The benefits of individualised private coaching are immeasurable. If your aim is to improve quickly and strengthen your technique, then private lessons are essential and an integral part of training towards a realistic chance of pursuing a professional career in dance as well as fast tracking a students progress.
Private lessons should be used as a supplement to regular training and not as a replacement. Each lesson is customised to each students individuals needs and allows the teacher a chance to address all technical areas and corrections in greater detail, providing the student with direct and specific feedback and ways to improve through tailored exercises designed to help strengthen any weaknesses whilst working at a suitable pace and in the students preferred means of learning (Visual/Spatial, Aural/Auditory-musical, Verbal/Linguistic or Physical/Kinaesthetic).
You do not have to have a specific problem or focus to take private lessons, but it helps to talk to your teacher about your goals. Private lessons will change and adapt to the students needs.
Private Lessons are taken for a number of reasons such as;
- Personalised training to reach a certain standard/catch up.
- Improve technique
- Improve Flexibility or Strength
- Preparations for Auditions (interstate or international vocation schools or professional companies).
- Preparation for audition classes & competitions (BTW, AICD etc)
- Examination preparation (RAD, CEP, Commercial)
- Competition training & performance skill development
- Repetoire & Variations
- Mime & Acting
- Injury Rehabilitation
- VCE & VET Dance Assistance
- Assistance with Calisthenics, Gymnastics, Ice-Skating by implementing dance & conditioning
- Assist with external events such as; to learn choreography for an upcoming school concert, wedding dance etc)